Tuesday, July 29, 2014

COLUMBUS CLIPPERS vs NORFOLK TIDES



On Saturday, my boyfriend's parents invited us to a Columbus Clippers game. His dad recently retired from the Lima Fire Department and they were honoring retired policemen and firefighters. In keeping with the weather this summer, it rained most of the way there, and when we arrived at the stadium ... it poured! We sought shelter in the team shop, where I found a hat I really liked (and it was on sale)! My boyfriend was a sweetheart and bought it for me. When the rain let up, we went upstairs to the Hall of Fame to grab a bite to eat. I hadn't eaten much that day, so I was starving! When the waitress delivered our food, I was shocked. There was so much food; we weren't able to eat it all! Oh, and did I mention my drink came in a Souvenir Cup :)


The game officially started at 7:05 pm. We sat in Section 102, Row 11, Seats 1-4. Clippers scored in the bottom of the second when Audy Ciriaco hit a two-run shot. Then, in the sixth and eight innings, Francisco Lindor hit a homer! Clippers now trailed by two! Carlos Moncrief was able to make it home in the bottom of the ninth, but it wasn't enough. The Norfolk Tides won 6-5. Even though the Clippers lost, we had a great time! The fans were much more relaxed than those at Major League games. Our night ended with a beautiful fireworks display!


I hope to attend a Cleveland Indians and a Dayton Dragons game next summer :)

1 comment: