Monday, July 21, 2014

CINCINNATI REDS vs PITTSBURGH PIRATES



On Saturday, July 12th, my boyfriend, his buddy Jeff, and I traveled to Cincinnati to watch the Reds take on the Pirates. My first game of the season, eek!

Here are a few photos from my first Reds game :)

 

Since the game didn't start until later, we thought it would be wise to grab a late lunch/early dinner. We ended up at the Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery. For starters, the boys ordered Calamari & Pepper Rings, as I had never tried squid before. Surprisingly, it didn't taste half bad. But my favorite was the Root Beer; crafted in house. Yummm! Afterwards, we checked out the team shop and wandered along the banks of the Ohio River.


At 5:15 pm, the gates officially opened. We were 3 of 25,000 fans to receive a Billy Hamilton Bobblehead. We sat in Section 102, Row B, Seats 17-19, located in the left outfield. During batting practice, little kids lined the front in hopes of catching a fly ball. It was cute (at first). 

After the singing of the National Anthem and a flight by "Sam" the Bald Eagle, the game began. Reds trailed by four until the sixth inning when Chris Hiesy hit a two-run shot. Then, Todd Frazier (who made it to the final round of the MLB Home Run Derby) completed the comeback with a three-run shot! Just when it looked as if the Reds might win, Andrew McCutchen hit a solo homer in the ninth inning to tie the game. He connected again in the eleventh inning securing a 6-5 victory over the Reds.


Even though the Reds lost, I had a fun time! I just wish there was a bit more air movement sitting that low, as it was extremely humid that day. Oh, and I was bummed to find out Souvenir Cups are no longer sold at the Great American Ball Park :(

No comments:

Post a Comment